A Place to Grow (Riverview)/Community Orchard/River Garden
This garden club provides a space for people of all ages to come together and learn about permaculture. Participants of this club will get the opportunity to garden in the Riverview Garden Society space as well as the South Osborne Community Orchard and River Garden.
The community orchard is the largest site in South Osborne Permaculture Commons, with 80 fruit frees, terraced with hundreds of berry bushes and space for annual and perennial herbs and crops and huglekulture beds.
Locations (see maps below):
A Place to Grow (Riverview): At the Riverview Garden Society, across from the Riverview Health Centre on Churchill Drive
Community Orchard and River Garden: At the corner of Baltimore Road and Churchill Drive
This garden club meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm and Saturday from 10:00-11:30am.
Rod Kueneman, Tiffany Grenkow, and Jody Andrews are the stewards of this club. See their bios here.
- you'll get to share in the produce,
- you'll learn about permaculture and ecological urban food production
- you'll contribute to food justice in Winnipeg, and
- you'll be a part of the growing movement of community-based urban agriculture in South Osborne.
How to participate:
Participants can expect to help maintain the gardens during weekly evening sessions, or to check in on the gardens during the weekend to make sure the plants are watered.
This club is using WhatsApp to inform participants about upcoming gardening sessions.
Here's how to become a part of the WhatsApp group:
1. Download the WhatsApp application on your phone.
2. Fill out the form below and you will be added to the WhatsApp group.