Sustainable South Osborne Community Cooperative (SSOCC) is now hiring for our summer 2016 Urban Green Team position!
This Sustainable Garden Co-ordinator will be responsible for:
- Helping to maintain SSOCC's various community garden sites and community tree orchard, including planting, watering, weeding, mulching, and harvesting
- Assisting in the coordination of volunteer garden helpers
- Engaging and supervising neighbourhood children in gardening activities
We are looking for candidates who….
- are passionate and knowledgeable about gardening and sustainable local food
- outgoing, friendly, and energetic
- hard-working and thoughtful, and
- work well with children
The work contract for this position will entail approximately 150 hours @ $11/hour from June to August 2016. Hours may be increased, depending on outcome of grant applications.
Applications must be received by May 18th, 2016. Interviews to be scheduled for the week of May 23rd, 2016
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org