The People Garden Club
We built this garden in 2013 as part of the first year of the Building a Community Commons course. It was affectionately named the People Garden by kids in the local day care.
The garden boasts a hoop house, herb spiral, demonstration food forest, wicking beds and hugel beds. We get our water from the Riverview Community Centre.
Come hang out in this beautiful community space and learn about permaculture with us!
Location (see map below):
The People Garden is a common garden space behind the Riverview Community Centre (90 Ashland Ave). The garden is located at the intersection of Darling St. and Balfour Ave (near Churchill Drive).
This garden club meets on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. We take turns checking in on the gardens during the weekend to make sure the plants are watered.
Nik and Cathy are the stewards of this club.
- you'll get to share in the produce,
- you'll learn about permaculture and ecological urban food production
- you'll contribute to food justice in Winnipeg, and
- you'll be a part of the growing movement of community-based urban agriculture in South Osborne.
How to participate:
Participants can expect to help maintain the gardens during weekly evening sessions, or to check in on the gardens during the weekend to make sure the plants are watered.
This club is using WhatsApp to inform participants about upcoming gardening sessions.
Here's how to become a part of the WhatsApp group:
1. Download the WhatsApp application on your phone.
2. Fill out the form below and you will be added to the WhatsApp group.